Sunday, January 3, 2010

My "Painted Lady" Dollhouse

Happy New Year!  I am bound and determined to finish All the projects I have started and there are many!
The first project on my list of many is the dollhouse I started and have not had the free time to complete.
With time off school for the Holidays I whittled out two days to work on little else but the dollhouse. It was a bit of a challenge in that there were no directions just the pictures of the parts and pieces. 

The box offered one suggestion, "Use the picture on the box as your guide."  That was it!  Not one other instruction offered.  So I got started by punching out every piece. (there were tons of them!)

Once all the pieces were punched out and identified I began painting.
I used three shades of blue, two shades of brown, and white.

Once the paint was dry I began assebling and gluing all the pieces together.

It began to take shape.

Some hours later the "Painted Lady" emerged.

                            With the exterior completed I will begin the process of furnishing the interior.
The rooms are not as large as I thought they would be but I think I can still come up with a cute finished house.  The remaining furnishings may require another house, Oh My!
As soon as the interior is completed I will be sure to share it.

How do you make your house a home?

9 comments:

jamie said...

diane...
that is quite the project you have going on there. love it!
thank you so, so much for your comment on my blog and sharing your word. that word is so deep and amazing and causes new revelation all the time. i hope grace on your journey this year.
hope to post my word tomorrow. it has already been such an amazing year.

blessings!

Sue said...

What a neat project! I would love to do something like this. Maybe one day, when I have a daughter I will do something like this with her. That will be such fun. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Have a happy and healthy New Year!
Sue

Diane said...

Jamie,
Thank you for the visit and your sweet comments. Hope you stop back again soon!

Sue,
Creativity is one of the things that has always given me respite from the stresses and demands of life. I,m sure your cards and art work do the same for you!
Visit soon!
Diane

Mandy said...

oh my i want a house to make. its looks fun. so cute

Diane said...

Hi Mandy,
Thanks for visiting. The house has been a fun project. I can't wait to post the interior!
Have a creative day!

crimsoncat05 said...

wow, that's quite a project; I can't wait to see the inside decorated! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Diane said...

I,ll be sure to post the interiors soon.

Lynn said...

Diane, you have such a wonderful start. You really did a lot with only the box to go on! I can't wait to see the interior when you get going on that.

I love the buttons in the previous post! I have a few jars of old buttons. I think they are so pretty.

Hugs,
Lynn

Diane said...

Hi Lynn,
I am working hard to complete it and will post very soon.
Arn't buttons just the coolest little tidbits. The inspiration for many projects to come. Oh the possibilities!