Thursday, January 21, 2010

Queen for a Day Continues...

It is 7:30 and I am on my second cup of coffee.  I would normally be at the door of my classroom greeting students as we settle in to begin our day.  However, weather has made it impossible for the school buses to run safely.  The roads are all ice covered and extremely dangerous to navigate.  So, I am home and need to decide how I'm going to spend my day.


I could spend the day being creative.  I have sewing projects underway, new dollhouses to assemble, button jewelry designs to execute, and fairy dolls to take off the sketch book pages and bring to life.

Then there is the whole organization project I have planned.  What"s a girl to do?

I could skip all the other ideas and write.  I love to write annd am in the midst of a project.
I am currently writing a story about a young girl who has grown up on a farm, lost her parents, and has to cope with the loss of her parents and the home she has known, moving to the city, living with an aunt and uncle she barely knows, and all the pressures that teens are confronted with today.
Or...


I could play with the dog and just do nothing!  I'll let you know how my day unfolds later.
For now let me wish you a day filled with activity you can immerse yourself in having the best day ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to be able to choose like that!

Diane said...

It was fabulous! and I really enjoyed the day.