Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cooking with Tasha Tudor


Welcome! I am home and relaxing for a moment. Help yourself to a cup of coffee or tea and join me.


This little treasure is in fact an artful creation done by my friend Judy.  It sits on the counter in our kitchen by our coffee pot.  It tickles me.  I keep encouraging her to create mini versions for dollls and dollhouses and am selfishly hoping she will be inspired to do so soon. :)

I have been thinking alot about my blog and the things I have been sharing.  I'd like to do something unique for me. This may not necessarily appear unique for others but inspired by the fim and book, Julie and Julia",  I have decided to cook my way through Tasha Tudor's Cookbook.  I am going to do one meal per week using her recipes one at a time.  I will do the meal for Sunday's dinner and share the results in a post on Sunday evenings.
This beautiful cookbook was a treasure I uncovered at the bottom of a box lot at an auction I attended this past summer.  The box had books, paper products and a few pieces of pottery.  I bid $4.00 and the box of goodies was mine! You can only imagine how excited I was to uncover her book.
I look forward to your visits and to cooking from Tasha Tudor's Cookbook.
What's cooking in your kitchen?

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Diane, you mean that is not real?! Wow. Those would be great for doll houses. She must make minis! :)

I love Tasha Tudor. Can't wait to read about the meals!

Lynn

Diane said...

Hi Lynn,
I Know! The first time I saw her goodies she had made a carrot cake. I thought she was going to serve it with coffee and conversation. She had a good giggle and I was served an equally tasty looking dessert!
I'm excited about the Tasha Tudor cooking project too.
Hugs,
Diane