Sunday, January 24, 2010

Organization= Comfort and Peace

As you will soon find out I decided to begin the organization project and am having fun doing it. The organization project is truely underway!  I have created a mess but as time goes on the fruits of my labor should become evident.  The challenges presented are many. This room is 14'x 16' and must serve multiple activities.  This is not an unusual dilemma for apartment dwellers but none-the-less a dilemma.
I started with the closet and placed all the things we use only on rare occassions neatly on the top shelves.  Then I went through every piece of clothing I own!  All my tops went to an upper hanging bar on the right side of the closet and then all the sweaters, skirts, pants and dresses were hung to the left.  I had 18 empty hangers when this phase was completed.  I took those items to my local clothing resale shop and 2 bags of miscellaneous purses and such went to the charity shop.  Also, I am loving the wooden hangers!


The wash basket fits nicely on the floor and my case for the laptop and my shoes are tucked neatly to the far right.  The shoes are contained in 2 hanging shoe organizers. (purchased at St. Vincent's for 1.00 each)
Organization is good but so is saving money!


I need someplace to put all our office supplies, craft supplies and sewing notions so I opted for photo boxes that I will label when I finish sorting and filling each.


Glue, tape , and fasteners in one spot!


Paints and brushes for current projects that are underway.  A shelf in the garage holds materials and supplies not currently in use.  Saves time running the stairs to get a paint color or brush I might need.

I've lightened the load on the selves to have space for the storage boxes.
I have work to do yet but it feels good to be in the process of making life more comfortable and efficient in  our little home.
Have a blessed and fruitful day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it about January that really brings out the organizer in us - same here!

Diane said...

Hi Michelle,
I don't know, maybe it's that need to set life into balance after months of constant activity. But what I do know is it makes me feel better about hearth and home when it is all in order. enjoy the process...:)
Diane