Thursday, January 7, 2010

Buttons, wire, and a little creativity...

This was really a fun project.  Buttons, chain, wire and "Wa La"...funky jewelry.

Button Jewelry what a cool idea!  As you may have read earlier I made an awesome purchase of a ton of buttons.  I wanted to do something with them I've never done before...hence the jewelry experiment.
The above picture is the first necklace and earring set I've created.
It looks lovely on a black sweater.



My second piece is a bracelet.  I'm not quite sure if it's finished.  I may add a few smaller buttons for a fuller look ...I just don't know.
I think the next piece will be muticolored.  A long piece that can be wrapped around multiple times.
If you had a ton of buttons what would you create?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane, I love this bracelet! I found a collection of old buttons similar to this a year or so ago while on an anniversary trip with my husband to San Juan Island in Washington state. I held on to them for a while and recently used some on my "librarian sweater".
Michelle

Diane said...

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for your vote of confidence! So...I should leave the bracelet as is and count it finished you think? I'd love to see what you did with your sweater.
Visit soon...