Sunday, January 17, 2010

Frosty Morning, Hearts and All that Makes Us Unique


As we got ready to go to church and grocery store we had no idea what it was doing as we slept.  Much to our surprise the trees were glazed with ice and snow.  The ice was not heavy (freezing fog according to the weatherman) but it gave surface for the snow that appeared to look just like glitter.  So pretty...although sometimes too long winter does share it's beauty.  The picture does not do it justice.


As we arrived home our neighbor stopped over to deliver a package we missed yesterday.
The dollhouse kits have arrived! I can hardly wait to open the boxes and get started.
I think I will do the merchantile first.




The heart shaped boxes below were a purchase from a cute second hand store named "Ashury" run by the United Methodist Church.  I am thinking they will be the basis for a center piece for our table throughout February.  I be sure to share it when completed.


I have much to be grateful for and am going to do something that was suggested in the sermon today.
We are to be the unique person God created and share our unique qualities with those we encounter.
What makes me unique will be my meditation for the day.

What makes you unique?

"Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren't any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn't be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life's challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person."
                                                                                                        R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983)  

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Diane, I love your blog background. So pretty! Yay for the dollhouse kits arriving. Can't wait to see them completed. The picture of the icy tree is beautiful, I must admit. Sometimes I wish we did get winter like that, but I'm not sure I'm strong enough to take it. :)

Hugs,
Lynn

Diane said...

I am experimenting with backrounds but having a bit of technical trouble it has now increased the size of my layout and no backround shows! Ugh!
But thanks for your sweet comments anyway.