Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dollhouses Come in All Shapes and Sizes

I have become infatuated with the whole idea of creating dollhouses.  I have just about completed my second house and am waiting for two one room house kits to arrive.  A surprise from Hubby John the other day.  He was watching me explore the net for a new project and low and behold he ordered not one but two!  I had showed him pictures of the kit done up and mentioned how it would be fun to create a mercantile and maybe a bakery. (It will have to be a fusion of French and Polish desserts and breads.I must honor both our heritages.)  The book pictured below is a find I picked up awhile back for 10 cents at our local Salvation Army.  I pulled it off the shelf last night to read a bit.  We are setting aside at least one evening each week where the TV is off and we read. (Loving it because I just don't get enough time to read for pleasure.)  Anyway, I was taken by the photo on the cover.  Transform a bookcase into a dollhouse; what a fabulous idea!  I will have to start hunting for just the right one.


I apologize for the picture quality my camera (or the operator) is just not working well.  The exposures just don't look focused and crisp. But you can at least get the idea.  Isn't it fun!  I can just imagine decorating for the changing seasons and holidays throughout the year.

This is another favorite.  Remember the old woman who lived in the shoe?  This is a permanent display but oh so cute! The entire scene is enclosed in a glass sided box that is a lamp base. I simply must go shoe shopping.
Hope you are having a day filled with discovery, creativity, and fun!

2 comments:

PattieJ said...

Hi Diane, Thanks for stopping by my blog ! What a neat book! That's the same idea I was thinking about, some kind of boxes or bookcase to decorate as little doll house rooms!Sound like fun! I'm going to look for just the right bookcase and maybe take a crack at it! :)

Pattie

Diane said...

Patti,
Thanks for visiting. Let's stay in contact and compare progress on this project. It would be fun to compare interpretations of the same idea!
Happy House Hunting!
Diane