Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hundreds of Buttons

Button, button, who's got the button!  I do!   Yesterday I took a couple hours and went not to the "After Christmas Sales" but to my favorite second hand shops.  With my favorite coffee in a cup-to-go I kissed hubby and headed out the door.  I was at our local Salvation Army store and found a rusty tin filled with buttons.  Being a sewer and a crafter this was a real find.  The sweet lady working sold it to me for a $1.00!  I was thrilled.  Now, as you can see by the photo my treasure was a mess of dirt, pins, tacks, and other assorted sharp things along with the buttons.  Not to worry!  I seperated the buttons by color while using a magnet to capture the pins,needles, and assorted sharp pieces.
The old muffin tin came in handy to keep the colors seperated.  After seperating them I gently washed my
little treasures and laid them out on a couple of old towels to dry overnight.

There are so many opportunities to come...embellishments, scrapbooking, sewing, quilting, and possibly some button jewelry.

I especially love the collection of white buttons- the majority are shell and glass.
For a wonderful collection of tutorials on Button Jewelry take a look at the following site:
Here's wishing you a creative day!

2 comments:

crimsoncat05 said...

ooh, this is my kind of after-the-holiday shopping-- you got quite a treasure!

Diane said...

I agree! There is nothing better than a bargain. I am so excited I love to play with buttons.