Tuesday, December 1, 2009

God Grant Me Serenity...

I took a walk today and found the last bits of autumn letting go. It seemed to be inviting the wind and the chill that has taken over the landscape.  Like the seeds with thier fuzzy tails adrift in every direction I find myself  a drift in my thoughts. I am in need of some quiet time.  My head just spins sometimes.  Ideas, plans, concerns, worries, responsibilities, projects, people to reach, oh my!  Life can become a jumbled rush to the end of each day.  And that is no way for anyone to live.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

I need to seperate the tasks and recognize that God doesn't give me more than I can handle.  I have completed our Christmas shopping.  Gift wrapping is on the agenda for tomorrow.  And I plan to decorate on Saturday.  John will help me with our Christmas cards and letters next week and then there is baking.  Don't misunderstand I love everything about celebrating Christmas but I must work each season not to get caught up in what can become crazy and out of control.
In the mean time I am working hard to keep up with school work as I will be leaving on Sunday morning to attend an education conference Monday and Tuesday.  I will have to write lesson plans for next week, as well as, plans for my Substitute teacher. 
I have an abundance of gratitude for all of it-the good, the busy, the chaotic, and the calm.
May God grant you serenity as you live your day to the fullest.

No comments: