Wednesday, November 25, 2009


As I sit quietly pondering a busy past few weeks, a wonderful Mother/Daughter weekend, school challenges and successes, I smile.  I am blessed to be the woman I am with a life filled with loving family and friends,a relationship with God, and my health. 
I have so many choices in my life I am never without options.  That in it self is a gift.
Our daughters and their families will be with in-laws this year for Thanksgiving Day but we will talk to each of them as the weekend unfolds.  (As children grow and develop independent lives we have to share them and their time with others!)  But not to dispair we have a wonderful Christmas celebration planned and we look forward to it spending time with all our family in the next few weeks.
Hubby and I are going to fore go on the BIG bird and roast a chicken instead.  Our turkey was donated to my students "Soup for the Soul" project to be distributed to a family in need.  it warms my heart to have been apart of their giving project.
The coming weekend is to be filled with cleaning, decorating for the holidays, corespondance, school prep, and hopfully some relaxing!
May you and your family have a Thanksgiving celebration that reminds you all that is valuable to living a life of gratitude.
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Diane, I wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Your chicken will be delicious! That was sweet of you to donate your turkey. :)

Hugs,
Lynn

Diane said...

Happy Thanksgiving too you too!
Food always tastes best when shared!
Diane