Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Big Collector with a Little Space

I am just not sure where to go with my newest treasure...


I have a dilemma brewing!  We have this little apartment and I have a BIG collecting habit!
There just isn't enough space to have all the awesome things I find.
The photos give you an idea of most of the livingroom.  The other side of the room has two upholstered chairs and side tables.


I have found a beautiful wood carving and I want to display it but I'm stumped!
If you have an idea for a unique way to display the piece below please share it .
(It weighs about 5 pounds!)

This is a carving of the last supper.  I tried to research the artist but to no avail.
Have you any insight on this style of carving?

The artist's name is Antonio Silva.  He may have been Mexican, Spanish, Portugese,
or maybe even Italian.
Whether I ever find out anything, the carving is really captivating and I'd like to display it.
With that said, I am beginning to plan for Christmas and will be sharing my preparation in days to come.
Have a terrific Thursday!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Diane, it's a pretty carving. The weight is significant I guess, though my first thought would be to hang it. You have a cross over one of your doors in the hallway. Could this go over another door if properly secured? Or stand it against something on one of your cabinets. I just know I'm in the same boat as you -- love collecting and not much more space! :) It sure is fun though!

Lynn

Diane said...

Lynn,
You are so right! Collecting is so much fun. I like the idea of placing the carving on a clear plate stand and display it on a ccabinet. I'll share a pic as soon as I make a decision.
:)