Saturday, December 12, 2009

Welcome to the Gingerbread House Tour...Enjoy Yourself!

The Holiday season is upon us and I wanted to share the Gingerbread House that I made.  It now decorates the kitchen in our little apartment.  I surround it with holiday cookies and treats when people come to call. As you can see not only are the preparations going on at my home but at The Gingerbread House as well!
The little elves can't help but play with all the treasures waiting for Christmas day!

No Home is complete without a pet.  This puppy loves playing with the little elf trying to get some rest!
Choo Choo trains are a timeless toy little one's love to play with.   What wonderful place might they visit...All aboard adventure awaits.  First stop Candyland... Second stop the Northpole...

Wouldn't it be fun to have Santa help decorate your tree, share a cookie, a hot cocoa, and maybe a Christmas story or two.

(sorry for the blurry picture) But, never-the-less, This little maid is busy baking up a kitchen full of delights.  Did you notice the little elf?  He must be the taste-tester! she's currently decorating a gingerbread house for the children.

Hope you enjoyed the house tour.  From our house to yours...May you enjoy the simple pleasures that await you today, may sugarplums dance in your head...childlike dreams and all the joy of this wonderful season can bring your way.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Diane, that house is the prettiest gingerbread house I have ever seen! You have put in such detail. I cannot wait to show Michaela! I love the little puppy and the elf, and I know Michaela will too. I love it all!

Diane said...

Thank you! I really enjoyed making it. And the little one's that visit are just enchanted.
Thanks for visiting...

Barbara C said...

Thanks for the invitation to tour your gingerbread house. A Christmas-themed dollhouse is a great idea, and of course perfect for your little gem. You've filled it with lovely treasures: I especially love the little train.

Diane said...

Hi Barbara,
Happy Holidays and thank you for your sweet compliments on my Gingerbread House. Please visit again soon.

PattieJ said...

This is adorable!!!

Diane said...

Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed it.
Diane