Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Trip to the Farmers Market

The weather was perfect here on Saturday so I grabbed my market basket, a wallet full of small bills and off I went. This adventure was certain to hold tidbits and tidings from all corners of the county. You just never know who you'll see or what you'll find...I do not have a garden currently, but this plant will look beautiful in a large ceramic pot.

Around the corner was a booth that was selling a large collection of carnivorous plants.
Beautiful examples of God's artistry.

This is Lorene of Deer Creek Organics. They specialize in all vegetables grown organically.
I purchased beets for John and a new vegetable we've never had before, purple carrots.
They are delicious! We had a snack of carrot sticks after getting home.
Please visit Loreen at, www.deercreekorganics.com. She was a delight to talk with and offered beautiful, health enhancing vegetables.
Peaches will be the primary fruit in our menu this week.

Salad, stuffed peppers, a perfect ingredient for salsa...the possibilities are endless.

This happy vendor is the owner of Munson Produce in Donovan, Il.
He not only provided me with scrumptious tomatoes but gave me some free pens with his farms address on them. Free pens a Teachers delight!

Sunflowers are like an unexpected little kiss on the cheek from the
one you love! Sunshine on a stem!
Potatoes are a staple on everyone's table. And they are certain to be on our table this week.
These melons were so perfect you could just about taste them.
I had a fabulous time and I always look forward to Saturday mornings and my visits to the market.

2 comments:

chelsea rose said...

what a wonderful looking market! everything is so beautiful!

Diane said...

Chelsea Rose
It is really a pleasure to shop each week!