Thursday, August 13, 2009

Treasure Hunting: Tickles My Creative Spirit
I spent about an hour at our local ST. Vincent DePaul and Savation Army Stores today. And I thought I'd share some of the treasures I found.
This little character is the most unique adaptation of a Bumble Bee I've ever seen.
I thought I might rework the doll to create a fairy but I'm not sure I want to take the risk to spoil this "too" cute little creature.
Hubby is constantly teasing me about the shoe collection I have amassed, so I couldn't resist this darling little vase. I plan to make it into a pincushion by placing velvet tubes filled with rice into it. That way I won't damage it by gluing the fabric in permanently.

I can't resist a cookbook especially this one. I have been doing the
Weight Watchers program about six weeks now and have lost 15lbs
so far. The recipes may help to add varity to the cuisine we have been enjoying.

I found an absolute Book Lover's, English Teacher's, Avid Reader's
passion. BOOKS for .10 cents per book.
I'll share more tomorrow as I haven't unloaded them
yet. I was able to buy 50 books for my classroom library for $5.00!
That deserves a WOW! don't you agree.

This is a close up of a beautiful piece of fabric that will become pillows for the livingroom.
(It was .50 cents!)

I think it will look really pretty with the other fabrics and upholstery.Creating, repurposing, and designing a home that is warm, inviting, and a place we look forward to coming back to each day is a labor of love. Home is the place we go to when we need to feel safe and I want our home to be an oasis. I want it to be a place we can honor God and each other.

"As for me and my home we shall serve the Lord."

Have a day filled with the joy of creating something wonderful for you and yours.

No comments: