Monday, August 31, 2009

Daughters, Disorder, and a Doll

These things have absolutely nothing in common except that each received a bit of my time and attention this past weekend...
These lovely women are my daughters Amanda and Emily. They are the joy I feel on a daily basis just knowing I had a part in guiding them to becoming the fabulous women they are!

Doodles, daughters, and the process of creating has lead me to my first attempt at using the Doodle Formula by Adrienne Looman.
It is still a work in progress but it's coming together, I think?
The kitties are for Emily and the turtles are for Amanda.

Emily has shared her home for years with little fuzzy friends and Amanda has had a passion for turtles for years. It's all about that slow as you go idea. The turtle always wins the race...slow and steady.
On another note...
I am completely consumed with the task of getting the too small storage area in the garage in order so that I can get a car into the garage! The reality of winter is not too far around the corner! And I hate to procrastinate. Ick!! Where do I begin? My many projects and treasures have taken over!Sort, repack, shift, donate, ebay, I'm tired already!

I'll keep you posted on this disaster in the making! Organization ideas welcome!

On a topic far more appealing...

This lovely lady is about 6 inches tall and will look exquisite on the porch of the dollhouse that is currently under construction. The picture doesn't do her justice. She is delicate. Her gown is made from a vintage hanky. Her parasol is made of lace. She looks like a real Victorian beauty.

I was able to adopt her and bring her home for a tiny fee. ($2.99)

(As soon as the dollhouse, this little lady's new home is complete I will be sure to share it with you.)

As I go let me leave you with this thought...
"The only place to start is where you are."








No comments: