Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Door County: An Adventure to the Mid-West's Cape Cod While in Door County we caught a glimpse at the biggest catfish I've ever seen!
This is a view from the State Park observation deck.

Baily's Harbor has the most remarkable shop that featured textile arts.
I purchased a set of hand woven coasters for the tables in my living room.

The goats that reside on the roof of the Al Johnson's restaurant are as real as you and I!
The Swedish restaurant served up the best pancakes and lingonberries we've ever eaten.

The car ferry took us from North Point to Washington Island.
It was a day to remember! We visited the island, had a wonderful lunch made of organic
ingredients at The Washington Island Inn, and visited a unique art gallery
and coffee shop, The Red Cup.


Although we were tourists each time I think about visiting a new place and meet new people
I am reminded of a question I was asked by a Professor of Theology I studied with in college.
I was having a particularly difficult time in my life and he presented me with a question he requested I really give some thought to.
Life is a precious gift. Are you going to live it as a tourist or a pilgrim?
I did give his question a great deal of thought and concluded I want to be a pilgrim. To live life to it's fullest I believe I must choose to experience life not stand by and watch.
This blog site is hence dedicated to living life fully!


1 comment:

Lynn Hasty said...

You've got a fantastic start! I love the header picture and the pictures from your trip. I also like the question posed to you by your professor. Something to think on...

Lynn