Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tea in the garden...planning for the future.

Treasures can be found in the most unlikely places! Yesterday as I drove into the parking lot at our apartment I passed the alcove that houses our dumpster and to my amazement I spotted a complete set of outdoor furniture. I parked my car and immediately began carrying these very heavy pieces to our garage. My neighbor (an avid rummager( is that even a word?) took pity on me and sent her son out to help. He was kind enough to carry the heavy pieces.This is a close up of the scroll work. Pretty!
This shot will make a nice background for a scrapbook page.

And here is a look at the whole set. Can't you just see it in a garden!

Imagine if you will, tea, flowers, a warm breeze, and good conversation...Bliss.

Where's the strangest place you've found a treasure?





2 comments:

Lynn Hasty said...

Diane, I enjoyed catching up with you this morning! You have so much on your blog, and I can see we are kindred spirits.

I love your book finds. I do the same thing with books, when I find one that's written in or damaged; if it appeals to me, it comes home to get recycled into something else!

And the garden furniture! I cannot imagine getting rid of that, and in the dumpster! I'm glad you rescued it! It's a great find.

Have a great day!
Lynn

Diane said...

Hi Lynn,
Thank you for your visit.
I do love books! And I feel
that kindred spirit as well!
I still can't believe the furniture find I had to pinch myself! Have a wonderful day.
Diane