Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Kindred Spirit

This is Christina Katerina she is a character created by author Patricia Lee Gauch and illustrated by Doris Burn. The story book title is Christina Katerina & THE BOX. If you have not read this delightful little story I highly recommend it! It is a story of a little girl, her love of junk, a big box, and a lot of imagination! She is definitely a gal after my own heart.
Here is the excerpt that describes this little darling.

The book cover itself was scribbled with crayon
when I found it but the title and illustration reminded me of my childhood and of my girls.
They had such fun as little one's using boxes and a lot of imagination.

I was literally sitting on the floor at the second hand store reading, which made me smile, giggle, and attract the attention of two small children who were shopping with their mother.
I asked if they could join me and we finished the story together. One of life's spontaneous moments!
I was able to clean of most of the crayon from the cover and will proudly display this little treasure to share with other little one's in the future.
This wonderful book can be found at http://www.amazon.com/ and at http://www.barnesandnobles.com/.

No comments: