Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Treasures

Tuesday afternoon, coffee is brewing, I am home in my favorite chair, afghan on my lap, and settling in to share a little time with you.  We were sent home at about 12:30 after all our students were boarded on the buses and on their way home. Like so many others across the mid-west we are preparing for a blizzard. We are expected to get 12 to 24 inches of snow and I expect to be home from school tomorrow as well.

I made homemade chicken soup on Monday and plan to make tiny drop dumplings from my grandma's recipe.  She always made us soup on cold winter days and it not only was satisfying to the tummy but it warmed our hearts as well knowing she put so much love into everything she did for us.

I have a list of possibilities for tomorrow. It will be hard to decide what to do first! I have to grade some student work so that is a have to but the rest of the list is full of opportunities.

1. Grade student work
2. Clean and organize the paper work all over my office space.
3. Work on my reading program (Work for my Master's degree)
4. Bake cinnamon bread
5. Sewing projects
6. Paint shelf for above the desk
7. Dollhouse work ( finishing touches on Victorian and start on the two shops)

With all that in mind I have to share some great finds from my auction experience on Sunday afternoon.


This beautiful Punch bowl wash 15.00. Our Emily and her Brian are getting married in September. She wants to create a candy table with small gift bags for their guests to take a treat home. I think this will work beautifully. I can't wait to see what she thinks.


The next piece I purchased for a $7.00 bid. I collect pottery and I especially like pieces that are utilitarian. I can't wait to use it!

I also purchased a large box of pottery pieces for $11.00 that will make great display pieces or planters. I'll share those with you in my next post. I'm thinking succulents would be wonderful in those pots. I got some auqa colored porcelien covered untencils and an assotment of other untensils for $2.00. I plan to display the aqua pieces on the wall in our kitchen. The others went straight into the dishwasher. All in all it was a fun day and I didn't buy a ton of stuff I don't need or won't use.
Hubby's home from the courthouse so I'll wish you a warm,cozy afternoon and a safe tomorrow. Time to bake the bread!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Diane, it sounds absolutely cozy at your house!! As far as tomorrow, the baking and doll house making sound like fun! That would be first for me after grading papers, but it also feels good to get an office cleaned up! Have fun. xoxo Lynn

Diane said...

Hi Lynn,
I plan, God laughs! We'll see how the day unfolds. I'll be sure to share the outcome. Thanks for stopping by! xoxo