Wednesday, October 7, 2009

From Gloomy to the Warmth of Home


While driving home from school the other day my
friend and car pool partner took this picture at my request. The sky was so gloomy but if you look very carefully you'll see the hint of sun rays
peaking through the clouds. It's an apt metaphor for life. Even though it may seem to be nothing but dark days there is always the hope of light, joy, and brighter moments on the horizon. Not particularly poetic but real! I get these little gifts like the sun rays just when I need them. They are small reminders that I am powerless on my own but with God's help I can do anything!
Just for today I will trust.



Once home I made dinner and needed to do something that was creative in nature and reflected the warmth of home and hearth.
So...out came the fabric and I began planning a patchwork project with these awesome fabrics.
I love the letters, words, and numbers. The fabric is so fitting for a teacher and the color green is one of my favorites. I'll be sure to give you a peek at the finished project.





This is a coverlet in progress! I am ready to put the layers together and instead of tying it in a traditional way I am going to use small buttons in each corner of the blocks that make up the quilt. It will still be warm and comfy just a bit different then the average pieced quilt.

Refurbish, reuse, renew, and create a life that envelopes you in warmth and love!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Diane, I love the picture and the metaphor. I also like the fabrics you've been working with lately. I'm about to turn off my computer and do something crafty.

Hugs,
Lynn

Diane said...

Lynn,
I am so glad you enjoyed the metaphor. And I hope you did take a moment to create and have fun!
Hugs to you,
Diane