Friday, October 23, 2009

Be Your Own Travel Guide

You know how I love to travel. The idea of a new place, new people, culture, cuisine, and all the special things to be discovered has such a strong draw. But, alas I can not always hop a train or a plane and go. However, the images here can take you to anyplace you'd like to go!
The trolley car is beautiful. The seats comfortible and the scenery captivating.
Come on take a seat, relax, and enjoy the ride!

This beautiful trompe l'oeil trolley is the entrance to a unique little mall in Frankfurt, Illinois.
Since I'm on the topic of travel I'd like to move onto another opportunity for travel.
A good book is like taking passage on a fantastic trip.
Reading has taken me to England while absorbed in Pride and Prejudice, to any junior
high school in Zen and the Art of Faking It, or on a journey across America with the photography book by Jake Rajs.
There is nothing better than a cup of tea or fresh brewed coffee, a comfy quilt, and a book to get lost in.
Where will your travels take you? I'm on my way to a rural community in small town USA with Things I've Learned Lately, by Danae Jacobson.
Until later...read on and enjoy the journey.

2 comments:

G said...

Hi Diane,

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hitty is from a book written in 1929. Her popularity has spread all over the world and now includes internet groups and personal websites dedicated to her. You can find out just about everything you need to know at www.hitty.org. Have fun!

Diane said...

Thanks for the info and i will be sure to visit soon.
Loved your site.
Diane