Monday, October 19, 2009

A Carload of Treasures-Vintage Rocks!

I promised yesterday to share the finds of my treasure hunt and the bounty of my thrift store shopping excursion so here they are...

Three pairs of vintage ladies leather gloves. These are the tiniest gloves you've ever seen!
This label is the trademark of my next vintage find. I am sorry for the out of focus picture by my camera has been acting up and I need to look into getting it fixed.
Adolfo of New York and Paris sounds so couture.
This hat is black, glossy, and tips to the front when worn. I can just imagine how beautiful the woman who first wore it must have felt. A fashionista of the 1950's, a chat for Sunday services, a night out on the town, the possibilities are endless.





The next thing that I uncovered was a pair of vintage earrings. I have a pin that matches these earring and I am looking forward to wearing them.

A soft pink peshmina really grabbed my attention. It is such a feminine touch to any outfit.

This plaid scarf is going to line a basket to be filled with pine boughs and pine cones come Christmas time. Apartment living doesn't allow us to have a real tree so it will be a way to bring in some natural items.

Again this is a poor photo but the pin and earring set is from the 50's and will be so pretty on a soft brown sweater.

I found two of these boxes and I think they would make a wonderful way to share a gift card with someone dear during the holidays. Or maybe a they will become hostess gifts filled with some special candies.

I can see a number of ways to enjoy this vintage scarf. With my winter dress coat, over a simple dress or a black sweater and jeans.










The next two photos are show casing a vintage dress with black crystal drop bead trim. How pretty for a special holiday event.







This dress also has a red matching belt. But I wonder how a black one would look?












This is a close up of the fabric on a skirt I found.













And here is the skirt.














These next photos are of the details of a vintage coat I purchased for two dollars. It needs a little work such as button repair, and a good cleaning but it has such nice detail and the lines are so flattering to the figure.
Sleeve detail...














Collar detail...
















Pocket details...



































And here is the coat!


















Now as if that wasn't enough I was at an auction on Sunday and spent $4.00 on the find of the year! A portable Brother sewing machine!
I can't wait to use it...more to come on this treasure.
And always remember that one woman's junk is another woman's treasure. Recycle, reuse, and rejuvenate the spirit in all you do for yourself and others.

No comments: