Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Ladies of the Club...

As I had shared in an earlier post I have been cleaning and organizing in the garage and I found some lovely dolls I had forgotten I had! They have been adopted over the past year from second hand stores, auctions, and who remembers where! Each seemed to call out to me. I wasn't exactly sure why at the time but I adopted them none-the-less. This lovely lady is a Peddler. What had she sold? As you can see her basket is empty. I must help her fill it up. Bread, fruit, flowers, the possibilities are endless...

This lovely lass in the blue gingham dress beckons for a tea set or maybe she's a school marm?
Her face has such a gentle expression I am sure she would make a wonderful teacher and tea companion.
This little dumpling is my favorite. Under her coat she has an adorable white dress trimmed in delicate lace. I must buy her a proper pair of shoes!


This Madame Alexander doll is precious. She has soft blonde curls, an innocent, wide eyed expression and just beckons for a playmate.

And this little treasure is a handmade clothespin doll that I do believe will find a home in the doll house that is under construction.

These dolls have seemed to awaken the child in me. I remember as a very little girl in pre-school my favorite playtime item was an old suitcase that was home to an eclectic collection of dolls and accessories. I remember the joy I felt each time I was given a the opportunity to play with it, to pretend, and to use my imagination. There were doll clothes and little dishes, blankets, and baby bottles everything necessary to fulfill a four year old's imaginary adventures.
Are we ever too old for dolls? I hope not!

No comments: