Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Home for a Herb Garden, Organization,

I found this shelf at an auction and had to have it! I was able to acquire it for a bid of $12.00. I see it holding little pots of herbs. Rosemary, thyme, basil, chives, all things fresh for the kitchen. A trip to the farmers market and the project will be well on it's way! Fresh herbs indoors all fall and winter. Lovely...



The garage clean up is underway and I can finally see the image of a car parked in it as well!

The "stuff" has been sorted, packed, shifted and stacked. Bins are being labeled and placed in appropriate stacks. Christmas and seasonal items on one side, clothing on another, and all the other miscellaneous out of the way.


Just a bit more tweaking and this project is history! I am loving the wood cabinets. Our entire library and all my school books and files fit nicely. The books are organized, in one place, and easily accessible. I am so pleased.
Remember there is still a bit to do-final pictures coming soon.




As the work part of our day has come to a close I took a moment to walk, to think, to dream, and to
smell the flowers. The shining sun, the cool air, and God's artistry is so evident.
"The flowers of the field dance like fairies as the cool breezes of dusk bring a rosy glow to their cheeks."
Until next time...
May you feel the breezes on your cheeks.

2 comments:

Lynn Hasty said...

Diane, I love the shelf. I can see herbs there too!

Wow, you did a lot of organizing!! There's so much I need to organize -- still, but I've come so far in the last year. I'll just keeping plugging along.

I love what you've "doodled" so far with your daughters' picture and the other things. Your daughters are lovely. I know you love them tremendously because you have said it in so many ways. I love hearing about it. You all are the three muskateers. :)

Love the flowers! Of course. :)

Lynn

Diane said...

Lynn,
I can't wait to publish the final pics of our organization project!

I am truly enjoying the doodle experience. What fun it is to just begin and see what emerges!

I do love my girls...they are a constant inspiration to me.

Diane