Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What's a Girl to Do?

I have taken a break from blogging for a bit but I'm back now! I was a bit discouraged with the process and needed some time to decide what direction to take. I concluded that I need to focus on the things I know best: Teaching, Parenting, Vintage treasures, Books, Sewing and Quilting, Imagination, Living Frugally, and Crafts and Creating.

Then I looked back at my posts and realized that is exactly what I have been doing!

Like sheep I need to be lead sometimes. Yet I yearn to stretch and express myself.
To find unique expression and to share ideas old and new.

The week has been filled with lesson plans, student work, making connections and being a guide. As a teacher I lead students to discoveries of characters, cultures, histories, and events they may be experiencing for the first time. It is a fascinating opportunity to share the process of learning. I hope to nurture a love of literature and a love of learning in the students I work for.



Perfect teaching Is nothing other than Sharing with others
The knowledge
That we claim as our own.
My heart is teaching me How to be pure. My soul is teaching me How to be happy.

By: Sri Chinmoy

May the sun always shine on those who choose to learn, to teach, and to live life fully.
Have a fabulous Thursday and don't forget to search and discover something new.




2 comments:

Lynn said...

Diane,

I have been through the same with my blog. A blog is an amazing outlet and a nice way to build friendships. It's easy to get overwhelmed with though! Hang in there!

Lynn

Diane said...

I really do enjoy the process and it is so much sweeter when there is feeback to be enjoyed.