Saturday, January 8, 2011

Patchwork Beauties

Color, pattern,and shape can be found in every aspect of our lives. This almost sounds like a lead in for a lecture on the basic elements of art. But instead it is an introduction to the two lap quilts I found on our holiday road trip.
This is going to go over the back of my chair to insure I am cozy while reading.
I just love anything patchwork and even though these are not antiques they are pretty. This one may be used as a table runner. It was quilted but there is no batting between the layers.

Patchwork pieces in


Red and Blue and another hue

Sewn and fastened together patiently

With faith, hope, and love.
 
 I'm in my chair under my quilt, a pumpkin muffin and a fresh cup of coffee...
And a book that's sure to make me smile and laugh.
Enjoy your evening.

No comments: