Friday, January 21, 2011

Blossoms or Snow?

With all the cold, wind, and snow I thought it would be a bit refreshing to visit a bit of summer.
Hollyhocks say summer to be in the best way possible. Gently, beautifully, with the artistry that can only be God's work.
In my last post I created a list of things I'd like to do today, tomorrow, and someday!
The first item on the list is one I feel confident in saying for today I have accomplished creating a comfortable home. I will take some pictures soon to share with you.
We purchased a brand new love seat at one of my favorite second hand stores here. It still had the tags attached to it.  The best part of this purchase was it's price-$125.00! The second best thing about this love seat is that it is a rocker. I love relaxing in it while reading or crocheting.
Now, a new piece of furniture inspired us(Hubby got involved) to make some other simple changes that added up to a refreshing atmosphere. Sometimes just rearranging or moving the artwork on the walls can give one a whole new perspective on things. I swapped out the lamps from our bedroom with those that had been in the livingroom and like magic the transformation took hold. I promise to take pics and post them in the next few days.
I am recovering from a cold so this weekend will be about rest, refuel, and restoration of my spirit. A weekend for me! Hubby has the Packer/Bear game so he's all for whatever I want to do!
Happy Wife-Happy Life is his motto! I like it too!
Have a weekend of change, rearrange, renew, restore whatever your spirit moves you to do.
And as always - enjoy every moment to it's fullest.

No comments: