Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just for Today

                    The marsh off highway 26 on the way to Tybee Island, Georgia is a beautiful. 
                  I took this picture from the car as we made our way to our most recent vacation.
The beauty of Nature is a reflection of God's artistry that always buts me in a place of peace and calm.  It reminds me to take a moment to reflect on what is really valuable. Life, love, family and friends, and the         freedom to be creative in all I do.

It has been a busy week  filled school, class, domestic duties, and a phone call that brought sad news of the death of my dear friend's father.  It is a sad time. A time to reflect, lend support, and pray for the family as they mourn their loss. He was a loving dad and a great conversationalist.  I will miss our conversations and his subtle sense of humor. 

Just for today I will cherish the gifts that God has given me.  Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Dear Diane,

The marsh does look beautiful. Isn't life busy? I agree that sometimes it takes a bit of natural scenery to wake us up to what is real and what is not. As much as I value the internet, it's not really "real" in the sense that I get peace from it. I've made some great friends on line, but there's nothing like nature. Am I making sense? LOL.

I'm sorry about the loss of your friend's dad. Very sad. Life does go by so quickly and it wakes us up to the brevity of life when we lose someone we love.

I'm sorry you were feeling sad about not getting comments. I don't comment near as much as I should, and lately seems I've hardly had time to even visit anyone. Know that I love the time I spend here when I visit and I value your friendship. There are times that comments on my blog will be low and I feel the same way, but I just plug along because I do get a sense of order by posting -- it helps me to write out goals and remind myself of what I've accomplished.

xoxoxo
Lynn

Diane said...

Dear Lynn,
Thank you so much for your kind words. You have really lifted my spirits. I must agree that I feel closest to God when I am apart of the natural landscape. You have become a dear friend.
diane