Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Girl's Week in Wisconsin

     I had the best time traveling the country side of  Wisconsin and over the next few days I'll share my adventures.  My first stop was the "Girl's Only Weekend "with my younger sister Linda.  Her in-laws have this wonderful cottage on a small lake in the Kettle Moraine area.  The weather was beautiful, the wild flowers were in bloom and the lake was just waiting for us! We spent the weekend relaxing, sharing conversation, the water, and some wonderful meals. I am blessed to have a wonderful sister who is also a wonderful friend.
As we got unpacked I couldn't wait to take a walk down to the water.
The whole spot reminded me of lake side vacations we had taken with our parents as children,

The stairs ascend all the way down to the water.

At the bottom of the stairs is a second cabin that is adorable.

And the lake! I loved swimming, the row boats, and just communing with all the nature that surrounded us.

It just says RELAX! or PLAY!
We swam 3 miles on the second morning. There was a small sand bar at the other end of the lake and Linda wondered if we could make it? Just like kids we had to try!

This is the entrance to the property from the lake to the upper cottage. It is almost magical enough to be a the inspiration for a poem or short story. Note to self!
On Monday we visited an Antique Mall, had a fabulous lunch, and said our good-bys.  I miss her already! But she is only a phone call away.
Tomorrow we'll take a walk through the gardens...then onto daughter Amanda's new digs!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Dear Diane,

What a beautiful place! I love the arbor and the walkway going up from the lake. I would love to see it in person!

I agree with you that it is a wonderful thing to have a sister who's also a friend.

xoxo
Lynn

Diane said...

Hi Lynn,
Sisters by chance, friends by choice. Would love to share a girl's weekend with you! Let's work on that!
Diane

Katharyn said...

Lovely pictures, from a lovely weekend!